Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Pack Your Bags


I've been in the wine tour biz long enough to know that most people chose the "High Season" to visit wine country.  Yet for someone like me that lives here, I can tell you that the magic never stops!


Wine comes from vineyards, after all, and they have a life of their own.  Simply put, you can't have a Harvest without a dormant season.  It takes a great effort to produce that lush fruit that we adore, and it doesn't come without a little rest and rehabilitation!

Personally, I enjoy the quiet days of Winter when my "little soldiers" stand bare in the fields.  The smell of the mustard assaults your scenes and takes you places far away.  The limos are all parked and the snakey back roads are all yours.

So do yourself and favor and plan your next visit to wine country during the "Off Season", you won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment